Friday, December 23, 2016

The New Aquinas Art Club!

Are you one of those people who loves collecting stuff and yet has no idea how to organize and make use of them? Are you one of those people who would like to try calligraphy but stuck at where to start? Are you one of those people who seek art in everyday life? Are you interested in keeping your memorable moments in a scrapbook? Are you interested in group discussions of pieces of art that you like? Do you consider yourself an artsy person?

If any of these statements describe you, then come join AQs new Art Club! This is a place where people who are passionate about art and life can meet and express their passion in the form of art! No skills required, all you need is your enthusiasm.

Me, as an international student, have longed to join a visual art club before I became a student here at Aquinas. However, on my first day in the school, I learned that there were no art clubs here. I am one of those students who is never able to pass a PE test, thus when I found out I was in an athletically strong school, I lost my passion for the schools extracurricular activities. It was about eight months ago when the idea of creating an art club first came to my mind. I thought through it over and over, and I eventually found the courage to talk to Mrs. Nosky, the schools art teacher. When I first entered the art classroom, I felt like I belonged, and that was when I learned that I was in a meaningful place.

Since there is still so much that is undecided of the club, we are holding a few workshops to start with. Our first workshop has been decided to be a calligraphy class, so if you are interested in fancy hand lettering skills, or even seeking for improvements or your handwriting, come join us! I have prepared several different fonts for the club to practice! Practicing is fun when we are doing it with our friends. So grab some of your friends and come check out the club! We will not disappoint you!


BTW our first workshop was planned on Thursday, December 15th, but was cancelled because of the snow. Information about the workshop will be announced as soon as the new date is decided.

By: Yizi Wang

0 comments:

Post a Comment